Initial idea from Jörg from Hannover:
My idea for a laptop sleeve is described as follows:
The inside should be as soft as possible to protect it from scratches and should not have hard edges of fasteners to protect it from scratches.
Outside: The backside should be neutral, maybe dark.
Front: Colourful, possibly embroidered with a phoenix (see example picture). Closure from a flap in the same design, if possible with magnetic closure.
Dimensions: 35 x 24.5 x 2.5 cm
A mouse house in the same design would be great.
The story of the laptop sleeve:
I would be happy to realize this idea…
1. For the inside we can use fleece or wool fabric because it is soft and will prevent your laptop from getting scratches. We can use black or navy blue fleece. I can check on other colours depending on your preference.
2. For the closure, I have attached the type of magnetic closure we can use, that is commonly used on bags.
3. Would you like a hardier material for the outside, like canvas/drill to make it durable?
4. We can embroider the first phoenix which has 2 distinct colours, this file has to be digitized for embroidery (this means translating the design into a language that the embroidery machine can understand).
I think it would also stand out on a plain background. Based on the size of the bag please let me know how big you would like this phoenix to be.
5. Please provide more details for the mouse house…thank you.
1st fleece black.
2. magnetic closure OK.
3. robust material is good. Please choose in such a way that it is also suitable for embroidery.
4. phoenix please approx. 1/3 of the pocket area, plain background
5. Info coming in…
Which colour do you prefer for the material for:
1. The front
2. The backside (which is also part of the flap with the button)
3. The width
2. red. perfect would be a similar color like the phoenix
3. see drawing. the pocket flap should be smaler than the pocket
I understand what you need made.
Unfortunately, our suppliers have not reopened due to the COVID virus. Thus, I am not able to proceed with your request until further notice.
If you're willing to wait until the situation improves I would really appreciate this.
I'll also share the progress of the development of your idea from preparing the fabric, doing the embroidery and stitching it together.
I understand what you need.
Unfortunately, our suppliers have not reopened due to the COVID virus. As soon as the suppliers reopen I can start working on your laptop sleeve.
I'll also share the progress of the development of your idea from preparing the fabric, doing the embroidery and stitching it together. Your patience here would be greatly appreciated.
I have added a photo of the mouse.
Dimensions 6.5(width) x 10(length) x 5 (height) cm
Where would you like it placed or would you like a separate cover for it?
Hello, a separate bag for the mouse, please.
We can start working on your project on Friday.
Great, then we're ready to go!
I hope you're well.
The digitizing of the Phoenix will be ready in about 2 days so that we can embroider it on the fabric, I will share a picture of it when it's done.
This was done on a sample fabric for your approval before we do it on the fabric that we will use for the bag itself.
The final laptop sleeve:
Do you want something similar?
Do you want your own idea realized?
Costs to realize this laptop sleeve
Cost of material
Cost of labour
Cost of packaging
Cost of delivery to local operations manager
|Subtotal – payout to craftsman||68,93 €|
|Customer aquisition costs (advertising etc.)||6,89 €|
|Handling fee Urban Change Lab||6,89 €|
|International shipping & Handling fee for logistics partner ((small items) 10,00 €)||10,00 €|
|VAT (Import into EU)||17,61 €|