The idea from Noel from :
1. must be 100% cotton
2. Use 2 to 3 layers
3. Insert a pocket for a filter
4. Add a wire on the side seams to ensure the mask is compact
5. Use an elastic as side strands.
6. The fabric should be washable.
Kindly if you're aware of other protective regulations follow them as you make the masks
Looking forward to hearing from you.
The story of the 10 face masks made from cotton:
The other conditions are very much possible
I'll appreciate if you take videos and photos of the realization process. Also take a picture of yourself wearing the mask Thank you
I believe they're now ready. I'll give you further instructions on what to do next.
1. Put a hand written paper inside the masks with the instruction to boil and disinfect the face mask every day after use.
2. Find a sales person.
3. Give him/her one mask
4. Tell him to sell the rest of the masks for 150 ksh
The final 10 face masks made from cotton:
Costs to realize this 10 face masks made from cotton
|Cost of material||
|Cost of labour||
|Cost of packaging||
|Cost of delivery to local operations manager||
|Subtotal – payout to craftsman||
|Customer aquisition costs (advertising etc.)||
|Handling fee Urban Change Lab||
|Shipping costs from Kenya to Kenya*||