Kenya is an amazing country! We are sure you provide an amazing experience to your guests or customers already.
With Urban Change Lab you allow your visitors to start their travel experience to Kenya right after booking with you and extend their stay virtually.
How to travel while still at home?
With the UCL platform clients in Europe start a collaborative journey with an artisan in Kenya while at home. Our platform allows clients to let not only something like a unique bag or wallet etc. be custom made in Kenya. Additionally our system creates automatically a memorable project page for the client which documents the complete realization process. This means clients get easily involved in an exchange with a tailor, an artist or an artisan in Kenya they never forget. They chat and work together to make their custom made bag into reality while sitting on their couch.
Means tourists get to know somebody in Kenya before even entering the country.
Why do tourists love us?
Think about all your guests, they love Kenya, they love the relaxation, they love the Kenyan people and they love the animals and the scenery. But, if you ask them, most of them acknowledge that they have no clue about “the normal Kenyans”, those who are not working in tourism. Many tourists have seen artisans in an artisan village but get this picaresque feeling that it’s not real. And to be honest, it’s not the reality.
The urban change lab experience is a unique one. As the client I was able to design my bag and be a part of the process hand in hand with the artisan. The whole experience and having my idea realized intrigued me and I wanted to meet Claudia, the artisan behind the bag. The Urban Change Lab has a great concept going and I enjoyed my experience with them. (Hali Oduor)
Why we can help your customers to see the real Kenya
The tailors, artists, carpenters, craftspeople registered on Urban Change Lab work mainly for local clients and for export. Only a small number of clients orders via our platform and is later traveling to Kenya anyway. These clients have the opportunity to meet their artisan physically after they have worked together virtually. This makes it special and real.
How can I as a hotel owner, a tour company, a tour guide benefit from UCL?
- Your guests will find the often missing bit in their holiday: seeing the real Kenya without the negative tonation of poverty tourism
- You get a 10% commission for every order from your client
How exactly does it work for me?
- You just register as affiliate on our website.
- After your guests have booked their stay, you send them an email and suggest our platform (we provide you with marketing material).
- That’s it! Once your client has ordered we pay you your commission automatically.
How exactly does it work for my guests?
- Your guest clicks on the link and just describes in his or her words what she wants. Like “I want to have a brown duffle bag made from leather”
- Via our platform automatically a craftsperson in Kenya takes it up and asks for missing information. The platform automatically translates if required.
- As soon as an agreement is reached the customer orders and the craftsman starts to realize the item while your guest is still at home.
- Once your guest arrives in Kenya he can pick up the item at the craftsmen. Depending on your preferences you or we organize the transport and guidance.
Why should I start now?
The travel industry faces massive changes. A growing number of people want to travel in a sustainable way, ecologically but also from a society perspective. Lesser people want to just enter a hotel bubble to relax. They want to find an experience. Something unique. We provide an unique experience. Just read the conversations on our platform.