The idea from Nimu from Nairobi :
I would like a kimono and matching pants made with kitenge material. Possibly a nude or black and white-colored material.
The customer’s rating:
Secondly, I really liked working with Nyambura, communication was quick and easy. She got my measurements perfectly and understood what I wanted. Thank you.
The story of the custom made kimono and matching pants made from kitenge:
I hope this finds you well. Thank you for placing your order. I am happy to work on it.
I'll share possible fabric options by Tuesday for you to look through.
Meanwhile please send these measurements:
3. Waist ( where you normally wear your pants)
5. Waist to hip ( take this measurement from the side)
6. Waist to crotch
7. Waist to desired pants length
8. Kimono length ( measure from the nape/back of the neck to the floor/desired length)
9. Sleeve length (measure from the shoulder joint to the desired length)
1. Shoulder :15 in
2. Bust: 33in
3. Waist ( where you normally wear your pants) : 27 in
4. Hips: 40 in
5. Waist to hip ( take this measurement from the side): 13in
6. Waist to crotch: 11in
7. Waist to desired pants length: 37 in
8. Kimono length ( measure from the nape/back of the neck to the floor/desired length): 48 in
9. Sleeve length (measure from the shoulder joint to the desired length): 12 in
I hope this finds you well and thank you for the measurements.
Please have a look at the attached fabrics and let me know which one you like best.
Do you have other pieces of fabric?
Do you mean other colors or other variations of the black and white?
I've sent some more fabric options for you to look at.
I haven't quite understood if you mean you'd like to see other fabrics aside from kitenge, and if so, is it still within your colours of black , white or nude?
This will help me refine my search for fabrics as I do not stock them.
We could work with the second fabric you sent over. The black one.
I'll update you on the progress as we go. .
Thank you. Looking forward to it.
I'll share photos on Monday once I begin working on the items.
Here we go with a few pics of the work in progress. Pattern cutting and laying to cut on the fabric.
The outfit is almost done. I've sent two more pics of how it's looking so far.
Yes, it appears as blue because of lighting.
I've taken a better photo and attached of the finished look.
The final custom made kimono and matching pants made from kitenge:
Costs to realize this custom made kimono and matching pants made from kitenge
|Cost of material||
|Cost of labour||
|Cost of packaging||
|Cost of delivery to local operations manager||
|Subtotal – payout to craftsman||
|Customer aquisition costs (advertising etc.)||
|Handling fee Urban Change Lab||
|Shipping costs from Kenya to Kenya*||
Do you want your own idea realized?
Leave a Reply