The next level for your design thinking workshop
We are sure you are an amazing expert and coach in design thinking. You are always trying to make your workshop experience even better. Urban Change Lab provides you with a tool to do so.
Why your workshop don’t need to end after three days
Because with UCL you let your attendees connect theory from the workshop with practice and and a real life experience.
How does it work?
With the UCL platform you allow your workshop attendees to go one step further with their experience: After they have understood and learned from you the process to create a new product in a structured way, your attendees get the opportunity to make it real. This means they give the product idea online into an instant realisation process for single individual products. A process where a craftsperson in Africa realizes the concept from your attendees. And, to make it even more fruitful, the craftsperson challenges the new “designers” with questions within the realization process.
Integration into your workshop
There are different possibilities to integrate into your workshop. The simplest form is, to just hand out the information at the end of the workshop to your attendees that, if they like, they could let their idea be realized on urbanchangelab.com
Or lets say you do the The Wallet Project as an example within one workshop day. Until the next session you ask your participants to make their idea real with a request on our platform. In the follow up you evaluate findings as all participants have received questions from different tailors. They received different feedback based on the skill set of the person who realizes it. They make different experiences how their specification make it into a real product. The learn about missunderstandings between designer and the person who execute.
How can I as a design thinking coach benefit
Think about it! Usually after a workshop the attendees talk a lot about the topic, but memory will fade out. But if a physical product designed in your workshop like a new bag or wallet becomes the new companion of your attendees they will never forget the experience you provided and the confidence you gave them.
How exactly does it work for my attendees?
- Your attendees goes to urbanchangelab.com and just describes in his or her words what she wants. Like “I want to have a brown duffle bag made from leather” or with the knowledge you provided a more sophisticated description, may be with a drawing*
- Via our platform, a craftsperson in Kenya automatically takes it up and asks online for missing information. The platform automatically translates.
- As soon as an agreement is reached your workshop attendee orders and the craftsman starts to realize the item in an iterative exchange process.
- The craftsman updates your attendees with photos and short videos about the realization process step by step – adjustments can be made on the fly.
- Once both, the craftsman and your workshop attendee agree that it’s finished we do a final quality check and organize shipping.
How to start?
You might want to try us first and we recommend so. Try us and challenge us. Give us feedback. Let us know how you are integrating UCL into your design thinking workshop.
You have questions? You would like to have workshop material like handouts etc. We are only a call away: +49 30 /55 122 98 -0
*A simple description of the customer need is sufficient to request an idea with UCL